Wednesday, August 09, 2006

stupid e mail of the week

Hello Sir,

My name is Kerrie-Leigh Aisbitt and i am currently a student at
coventry
university sitting my final year in Theatre and Professional Practice.
Being
my final year i will soon be writting my dissertation and have decided
to
focuss on Performance art and Masochistic theatre. It is really my
first
insight into this kind of work, i guess im what you would call a
mainstrem
theatre girl, my preference being Music theatre, but after a lecture
(that i
missed) on performance art i researched it a little and found myself
fascinated. In honestly i find some of the work extremely difficult to
look
at, and in a discussion held by me and a few friends i found myself
siding
with thoses who were sickened by it but inwardly i knew this not to be
my
truth.
My question to you sir is this, what do you think it is about our 'now'
that
encourages this work? I understand that this is not a new thing but it
is
emerging more and more and i would be delighted to here your views on
why
this is?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.
I wish you well in what future plans you have,
Kind Regards

Kerrie-Leigh Aisbitt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home